Annually the Chamber has the pleasure of hosting many varieties of business, training, and information sessions to provide a wide range of topics of interest to their members and the general public. Also as true partners in all aspects of our community, we are pleased to hold many social related events.
Wednesday May 13,2020 at 10 AM – 11 AM
Join the Timmins Chamber and Lisa Wilson of L.M.W. Coaching, Consulting & Mediation for a virtual public speaking workshop.
We are all speaking more on camera, and preparedness is key.
Participants will learn:
- How to prepare speaking points
- How to present yourself with confidence
- How to overcome speaker's fear
Click here for more information:
Member Registering Price - $30.00
Non Member Register Price - $45.00
Model Distribution has partnered up with the Ontario Economic Sector (SEO) and KDCC (Our Local Chamber of Commerce) to help roll out this Platform to Local Businesses to ensure the survival of our local economy during and after the crisis.
The platform will give Local Businesses the opportunity to sell their products online. This will be Northern Ontario's own "Amazon" to encourage local shopping.
Simple format featuring:
1. Users would be able to Shop in a user friendly environment, with categories and subcategories already built in.
2. Shoppers can View all the Local Vendors Store and browse only their products if they wish.
3. Once you enter a specific Vendor you are able to filter their products.
4. Our platform has the capability to accept all kinds of products, from simple, to group to Variant, like in the example below, you can add as many variables as you wish (color, size, etc...)
5. Buyers will be able to purchase different items from different vendors at the same time.
6. Our Platform will accept all major credit cards in an easy to use interface.
7. Once Vendors sign-in to our platform, they will have access to all the tools necessary to operate a Full online store, with an easy to use interface. From the dashboard, the vendor will be able to Add, edit or modify products, View sales reports, orders history, Add Coupons, issue a refund, and more. (Since Vendors will be hard pressed to insert as much inventory as possible providing that some of the business has been unable to operate for a while, will be provided with an Excel Template for mass inventory entry, in which we will assist in getting in the system for you.) But our easy to use dashboard will also provide the Vendors with a quick way to get their inventory online.
8. In the Settings, Vendors will be able to enter their Store information, payment information, Branding, Shipping Rules, their Social settings, their own Policies (ex: return policies), SEO (for Google Search) and manage their Shop Local Membership.
9. We require every Vendor to create a Stripe account as the payment processor, this is how Vendors will be paid. Take note that Shop Local doesn't charge any commission on sales, the only fees you will have to pay is your membership fee and a Stripe fee per transaction which is 2.9% + 0.30$.
10. For your convenience, we will provide different membership payment setup.
Due to the ongoing uncertainty of the COVID-19 restrictions and exposure, the BRM Chamber of Commerce regrettably has to cancel this years a...
Subject to COVID-19 Restrictions
As part of the many great Canada Day event offerings, the Chamber will be hosting a beer tent at the scenic ...